MarcumAsia’s M&A advisory services focus on shaping transactions that create strong business value and then speeding integration of the acquired business, assets, and people to support strategic growth and effectively manage risks.
We help our clients to develop an effective market entry strategy including the assessment of targets, business plan, feasibility and return on investment analysis of competing projects. Once a target has been identified, we assist management to perform comprehensive due diligence of the company’s financial statements, tax position, internal controls, management assessments, and asset verification. After the deal has closed, we support post-deal integration covering financial reporting systems, HR management, and IT systems.
As specialists in cross-border M&A, we recognize that familiarity with local regulatory environment, deal terms, tax policies, and management culture are critical to both completing a transaction and capturing expected business benefits post-closing.
Among the areas where we provide support are:
- Due diligence on financial statements, tax issues, and internal controls
- Trend analysis and evaluation of budgets & projections
- Verification and quality of assets and liabilities
- Fairness opinions and valuations
- Variances between internal financial statements and GAAP accounting
- Evaluation of management capabilities and systems
- Post-deal integration of financial reporting system, HR management system, internal controls, compliance, and IT systems